Friday, April 23, 2010
On the Menu Tonight
Slow-Cooked Ginger Beef - This is really yummy!
Recipe from a "Fresh" Woolworths Newsletter June 2009
You will need:
800g gravy beef
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp plain flour
500ml beef stock
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp brown sugar
3 bay leaves
1 tbsp crushed ginger
1. Seal beef in frying pan and then transfer to a slow cooker turned to low.
2. Add onion and flour and mix to coat the meat.
3. Add all other ingredients and salt & pepper to taste. Give the dish a quick stir and pop lid on.
4. Cook for 8hrs in the slow cooker or alternatively cook for 2hrs at 190 degrees Cel. in a heavy based oven proof pot.
5. Serve with potato mash (or a mix of root veges. ie potato & sweet potato), some greens and crusty bread - yum!
PS. I also add some carrot & mushrooms to the dish to bulk it out. I normally set my slow cooker to high and only cook for 4hrs.