Friday, April 23, 2010

On the Menu Tonight

Slow-Cooked Ginger Beef - This is really yummy!
Recipe from a "Fresh" Woolworths Newsletter June 2009

Serves 4-6

You will need:
800g gravy beef
1 onion, chopped
2 tbsp plain flour
500ml beef stock
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp brown sugar
3 bay leaves
1 tbsp crushed ginger

Method:
1. Seal beef in frying pan and then transfer to a slow cooker turned to low.
2. Add onion and flour and mix to coat the meat.
3. Add all other ingredients and salt & pepper to taste. Give the dish a quick stir and pop lid on.
4. Cook for 8hrs in the slow cooker or alternatively cook for 2hrs at 190 degrees Cel. in a heavy based oven proof pot.
5. Serve with potato mash (or a mix of root veges. ie potato & sweet potato), some greens and crusty bread - yum!

PS. I also add some carrot & mushrooms to the dish to bulk it out. I normally set my slow cooker to high and only cook for 4hrs.






Oh & we just had to have some dessert as well. So my hubbie whipped up a yummy Apple & Mixed Berry Crumble with Cream & Ice cream!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read all your comments and try to respond to them all individually, if I don't I hope you understand :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails