Saturday, June 5, 2010

Another Great Day at The Barn Market

Well it was a cold & drizzly day but that did not dampen the spirits of the many happy customers who stepped out to enjoy the Barn Market at Rosny today.



I had a great position in the entry foyer right next to the Bellerive Bakehouse - very tempting. And of course I had to go home with some yummy fresh bread rolls & a marble bar cake.

There was a steady flow of customers the entire day and a big thank you to all those who came to visit, including family and friends - especially those lovely customers who purchased Sunday's Child items and had so many lovely comments for me.





I met several new stallholders, some of whom have been at markets before and others who were making their debut such as Aimee from Greentree. Next to me, just inside the barn was Edwina from Little Snoring who sells the cutest pocket pandas and gorgeous gumball necklaces. There was Sarah from If Only I Had Chocolate whose taggy wands & loopy balls are always a hit, Emily Snadden from Emily Snadden Designs with the most devine range of jewellery and Jacquie from Under the Shade of a Bonsai Tree with her gorgeous range of rings, brooches, necklaces & more.

I also met Tameeka from Hoot Hoot Skirts who also runs the Civic Homespun Market in Launceston. Tameeka drove down this morning with her family, especially for the market and it was lovely to meet her. Tameeka is on the hunt for a new venue for the Civic Homespun Market and I think I might just have to make a trip to Launceston in the near future to be involved, so stay tuned!

My "market buddy" Courtney from Silver Nutmeg & A Golden Pear Designs was there with her daughter Indy and her ever changing array of children's clothing, accessories & gifts. I just love the way she changes her stall setup at every market!

It was also lovely to meet Luisa from Dance in My Garden. I have been following Luisa's blog for sometime now, but this is the first time we've met. Luisa makes some beautiful bunting, heat packs, drawstring bags and other lovelies.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable and successful day, as I did, and it was wonderful as always to meet such a great group of friendly, inspiring & talented stallholders. Everyone is so passionate about their craft and it's wonderful to be able to meet & chat with so many like-minded people.

Helen & Miriam do such a fantastic job of organising the market, and they never forget their stallholders - even including a little noodle box of goodies as a thank you gift. Their respective husbands are also a great support and extremely helpful to all the stallholders and customers alike - my congratulations and thanks to you all!


And just a little heads up, they are organising an even bigger and better event for August - a "Christmas in Winter" Market on Friday 20th August (6pm to 8pm) and Saturday 21st August (10am to 3pm). So put it in your diaries now!

Time for a well deserved cuppa and some marble cake - mmmmm! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read all your comments and try to respond to them all individually, if I don't I hope you understand :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails