Sunday, June 6, 2010

School Holidays Week 1

Here in Tasmania we are currently on school holidays, so I have both my beautiful girls at home with me. This past week has been quite busy as not only have I been trying to keep the girls occupied but I also had lots of sewing & preparation for the Barn Market which was a great success.

I decided to break the week up into times for the kids & time for me - sounds easy! It pretty much worked and I also spent most nights busying myself at the sewing machine.

Sophie at Childcare

So here's the rundown of the holidays so far:

Friday - Took Emma to the movies to see Shrek #4 Forever After, whilst Sophie was at childcare. Followed by lunch & quick bit of shopping.

Saturday - Last swimming lesson for the term, followed by trip to my hubbie's work site in Pelverata, lunch in Huonville then dropped the family home before heading to a "Learning Ladders" Party - Children's Books & Educational Products

Sunday - Church then home to do some sewing

Monday - Dropped car into be serviced, spent the morning shopping in town and then caught the bus home - great fun, the girls loved the bus ride and I think it was the highlight of the day for them.

Tuesday - Home day for Emma and I (more sewing for me), whilst Sophie was at childcare

Wednesday - Was heading to visit my husband's 94yr old grandmother with a freshly baked date loaf, however hubbie left the keys in the car overnight, which drained the battery flat! Luckily RACT didn't take long to arrive, and get the car running again. Unfortunately I had to be in town for haircuts for myself & Sophie so we had to cancel the trip to Nanny Dot's. After haircuts we headed to Kidz Bizzzz Play Centre in Kingston where the girls ran off all their energy - slept well too!

Cooking with Daddy

Thursday - My mum came and took the girls out to visit Nanny Dot with the date loaf, stayed for morning tea, then headed to the park. Gave me some time to get lots of applique tees done.

Friday - Sophie went to childcare and Emma headed off with my mum & friend Steph to the nursery, followed by lunch at Citrus Moon in Kingston. Meanwhile I finished off sewing on buttons, doing up swing tags & packing all my goodies ready for market.

Saturday - Spent the day at The Barn Market, where the girls came to visit, they then spent the afternoon at the shack with their cousins.

Sunday (Today) - Day off for everyone!

Sophie at Church with all her dolls

So that's the week so far. I have a few things planned for this week, but unfortunately we will be at home Thursday & Friday whilst we have a heat pump & panel heaters installed. I'm not complaining though, as I can't wait - no more cold winters (not inside at least).

Hope everyone in Tassie is enjoying their holidays and you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read all your comments and try to respond to them all individually, if I don't I hope you understand :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails