Friday, December 11, 2009

Christmas Rocky Road - yum!



I made 2 trays of Rocky Road last night which was enough for 12 bags. These will go to Emma's school teachers, Sophie's carers at childcare and other family & friends. I will have to make more though, as we have already eaten a bag ourselves! I also intend to make some star biscuits.

This weekend is "busy baking weekend" (apart from other things), tomorrow I will be baking Emma's birthday cake - the "Number 6" and cupcakes for her to take to school on Monday. A busy weekend ahead indeed :)

Here's the Rocky Road recipe if you'd like to make your own - very easy!

500g Chocolate, melted (I used Cadbury's Dairy Milk)
200g Marshmallows, chopped (I actually used about 100g of Mini mallows)
2 x 55g bars of Turkish Delight, chopped
1/2 cup Unsalted Peanuts, chopped

1. Combine ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
2. Pour mixture into a lined slice tin and refrigerate until set.
3. Use a warm knife to cut the slice into small squares.

You can substitute the turkish delight with glace cherries, red jubes or raspberry lollies. You can also substitute the peanuts with rice bubbles for crunch if you are allergic to nuts.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read all your comments and try to respond to them all individually, if I don't I hope you understand :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails