Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Before & After.....

Well after a busy week last week in the lead up to Mathilda's Market, my sewing space had become rather untidy. As I don't have a "sewing room", all my items are made on my dining room table. I am lucky to have a large 2mtr long table which is great to lay out fabric on for cutting etc. but as you can imagine the more horizontal space you have, you just seem to cover it with "stuff".

Needless to say, my table was a right mess after Saturday, made worse by the fact that I had walked in the door on Saturday afternoon and pretty much dumped everything on or around the table and it was still that way on Monday!

I don't have any "before" photos to show you as I am .. well.. too embarrassed! I did however finally tidy up, pack away all my stock from the market, fabrics still to be sewn, threads, buttons, blank tees and general "bits & bobs" yesterday. So now it looks like this .....


Much better I think! What do you think of my ironing board cover? I am very partial to red & I just couldn't go past this when I saw it in Habitat recently.

So now that things are back to normal and I can actually see my table, we can even enjoy a seated family dinner around it. That hasn't happened much of late, due to a lot of market prep going on. I am planning to be much more organised in the hope of not having to do multiple late nights in the lead up to any further markets. I really do need 8-9hrs sleep per night to feel normal and be able to function properly. Hats off to others out there who can operate on less - I don't know how you do it!

I managed to get to 2 orders yesterday and today, and I have another 2 to finish and send off tomorrow prior to Easter. I will be away for a couple of days at our shack for a well deserved break and last go at some summer weather, before the cooler days set in.

I am already planning some new items to be available at upcoming markets - such as peasant dresses, additional applique tee designs & more kids goodie bags. I am trying to come up with a catchy name for these bags, so if anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway, I think that's enough for now. I have more posts to do, which I hope to get to tonight, but the sewing is the priority for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read all your comments and try to respond to them all individually, if I don't I hope you understand :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails