Saturday, March 20, 2010

Handmade Hobart Market Day

Well the day came, mild & overcast but that wasn't going to stop us from enjoying it. The beautiful St Mary's College was the backdrop for this month's Handmade Hobart "Special Election Day Open Air Market".

My hubbie came to help me setup - especially the borrowed gazebo (thanks Conrad's), and I was very appreciative of the help. My mum also did a great job entertaining the girls and taking them home early when it all got a bit too much - thanks Mum.

We had a steady flow of people thru the market all day, thanks in part I'm sure, to St Peter's Hall being a polling location for the State Election.

It was great to be positioned next to Courtney from Silver Nutmeg & A Golden Pear once again. I just love her colourful, eclectic array of items - skirts, bags, button hair accessories, softies, goodie bags, brooches & more. I couldn't resist buying a lovely "Craft Goodie Bag" for Emma (photo to come). Courtney's daughter Indy was also there to help out her mum and she was lovely to chat to.

On the other side of me was the lovely Rosie from Notions. I just love her unique fabric covered button accessories especially the wonderful packaging. I also purchased a "Teapot Bookmark" complete with Strawberry Jam Recipe Card (photo to come).

The girls couldn't resist a cupcake each from the very creative Maddie of Maddie's Cupcake Creations. I was able to get a photo of Emma's "Pink Pig" cupcake however Sophie was very eager to open hers and I didn't manage to get a very good photo - oh well!

I had some lovely comments from customers and made quite a number of sales, so I was very happy to have been at the market. I have applied to be included in their next 2 day market being held on the 15th & 16th May and will hopefully hear back from them soon. Thanks also to Penni, Sue & Marg who organise the event.

And of course a big thank you to everyone who came to help & support me and the other stallholders today - it was a great day!

Hope to see you all again at my next market location - Mathilda's Market next Saturday 27th March.

The beautiful St Mary's College

Sunday's Child Stall





The lovely Indy at her mum's stall - Silver Nutmeg & A Golden Pear

Notions - Fabric Covered Button Goodness by Rosie

Pink Pig - Emma's pick from Maddie's Cupcakes

The Black Sheep - Sophie's pick from Maddie's Cupcakes
(moved too fast for me to get a good shot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read all your comments and try to respond to them all individually, if I don't I hope you understand :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails