Saturday, March 27, 2010

Mathilda's Market - What a Day!



What a fantastic day at the inaugural Hobart Mathilda's Market. It was an early start (6am), following on from a late night (1am) in final preparation for the market. My lovely mum came along to help me unload & take the car away so I didn't have to worry about parking for the day.

The venue - the Hobart Function & Conference Centre provided a lovely setting for the market, enhanced by the beautiful backdrop of the Hobart waterfront.

At 9am sharp we were greeted by a busy rush of people through the doors, which continued almost the entire day until close at 1pm.

I had prime position opposite the entrance, next to the lovely Dannielle & Monique from b.box who made the trip to Hobart with their families, especially for the market. They both bought one of my fabric knotty necklaces & Monique a Bird Tee for her daughter.



Behind me was my regular "market buddy" Courtney & her daughter Indy from Silver Nutmeg & A Golden Pear. They did wonderfully well and even sold out of some of their products. It is always a pleasure to share the market experience with special people and it was lovely to have them as my neighbours again. Indy is such a sweetie & did a great job selling & manning the stall. She also helped out as a bit of a buddy/babysitter for my girls during the day - thanks Indy!

I also met Jocelyn from Bye Bye Birdie (another visitor from the mainland), who had a lovely collection of goodies including cards, vintage pinafores, smock dresses, skirts and more. I hope you had a great day and it was lovely to meet you & your sister-in-law.





I really enjoyed the day, even though it was pretty much "flat chat" the entire time. I received wonderful feedback about my products, had an amazing number of sales and some orders as well. I sold over half of my long sleeve girls tees and pinafores, most of my fabric knotty necklaces and all of my marble & dinosaur goodie bags.

The market had a modern, contemporary and stylish feel about it with background music, face painting and arts & crafts for the kids. The organisers Anne, Danielle & Robin did a wonderful job with the set up & promotion of the event, as the customers just kept coming - not that I'm complaining though.

I'd like to thank all the lovely stallholders, especially those around me who provided me with conversation & companionship during the day and the wonderful customers for their support & encouragement.

To those customers who I took orders from today, I am keen to get those done and sent to you this week so look out for the postie!

Over Easter I plan to update my website with lots more product photos and set up my online store so that you can shop online from the comfort of your lounge!

I would definitely recommend the Mathilda's Market to anyone looking for unique, stylish, handmade or limited run children's products and to any stallholders looking to be apart of the market - it is definitely well worth it!

The next Mathilda's Market is scheduled for Saturday 17th July.


Emma the "Cougar"

Sophie the "Lion"

3 comments:

  1. Lovely pics Sonia- I am glad you enjoyed the day as much as Indy & I did!!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh gorgeous! your stall looks fabulous!!!!! I love mathilda's too

    well done!
    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Corrie, yes it was just fabulous! Crazy busy but there was a great vibe. I'm looking forward to the next one already. Hope your recent markets have been going well too. I don't know how you do it all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read all your comments and try to respond to them all individually, if I don't I hope you understand :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails