Thursday, July 1, 2010

Handmade Hobart & A Surprise Win

I recently participated in the Handmade Hobart Market held on Saturday 15th & Sunday 16th May. This is a 2 day market held in the lovely St Peter's Hall at St Mary's College in Harrington St.

It was a lovely 2 days, although a little quiet but I got to meet some lovely customers and stallholders. One in particular who I wanted to mention here was Sarah from If Only I Had Chocolate. The night before the market, Sarah drew her blog giveaway and to my surprise, I was the winner. I won a lovely piece of fabric plus 2 very cute little wooden buttons - a cupcake & little red riding hood. By pure coincidence the fabric happens to be what I have used on my Babushka Applique Tees, so will come in handy and I'm going to glue a brooch back to the "Little Red Riding Hood" so I can wear her - too cute!

My winnings from Sarah at "If Only I Had Chocolate"


Sarah makes a lovely collection of toys & gifts, softies, brooches etc and is certainly very talented. Sorry it's taken my so long to mention you Sarah. Head over and take a look at her blog.


My stall





Helen from Pila Pala Pieces who is also one half of The Barn Market Team.


Unfortunately, this was the last Handmade Hobart Market, although we didn't know it at that stage. The next market was scheduled as a "Christmas in July" market however due to issues involving public liability insurance, the organisers had to make the very difficult decision of ceasing operation.

I'd just like to say a big thanks to Penni, Sue & Marg for their organisation of such a lovely market and hopefully we will continue to see them and their creative talents showcased at other Hobart markets.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read all your comments and try to respond to them all individually, if I don't I hope you understand :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails