Monday, February 8, 2010

More Reversible Pinafore Tops




So I am madly sewing and preparing for my first market this week at The Barn Market at Rosny. I have another set of Reversible Pinafore Tops in a lovely green/pink/brown floral swirl pattern with appliqued hearts on the reverse side.

I really like the fabric and hope that others do too. They are available in one of each size from 12-18mths, 18-24mths, 2, 3 & 4 for $50 each.

Pricing is an interesting topic and one I have read a lot about recently. Things that need to be taken into account are of course cost of materials, labelling/tags, any packaging, the cost of my time to make the item and a small amount for profit. Whilst I really enjoy sewing & creating it would also be nice to make a little money from my venture. Just one reversible top can take me around 1.5 to 2hrs depending on the applique feature and this needs to be taken into account.

Obviously the fact that my items are all meticulously handmade with great attention to detail, unique in design & fabrics used and they are only made in very small quantities is another point to be considered.

Later in the week I will be listing all my prices for the items that will be available at my market stall this Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. i love how these are reversible, and they look so very professional. i'm sure you'll do well at your market!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read all your comments and try to respond to them all individually, if I don't I hope you understand :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails