Sunday, February 21, 2010

New Baby Gift



This afternoon I am heading out to a Baby Shower for a friend of mine who is expecting her 3rd child - due in Mid April.

I wanted to make something for the "little person" so I decided to applique a White Long Sleeve Onesie and make a matching Giraffe Rattle.

I used a lovely spotty teal fabric & co-ordinating plain teal fabric for the applique as I don't know whether it will be a boy or a girl, and I think it works well. I am really happy with how the onesie turned out and also the rattle. This is the first time I have made any type of "softie" and it was really easy and didn't take long at all. I placed a small bell in the rattle, which I stitched into it's own little pouch, added ribbon loops for ears and embroidered the eyes and nose.

What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. I love it sonia well done- I only wish I had someone I knew having a baby- would make such a perfect gift!!! The giraffe is just too cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Courtney it was well received too. She likes green so I did well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look gorgeous! I love your term 'mumpreneur', kinda sums it all up. Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Love the colours you have chosen :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. I read all your comments and try to respond to them all individually, if I don't I hope you understand :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails